I joined the Hogwarts Sock Swap Iast week, and today I was accepted into the Hufflepuff First Years house. As part of the sock swap, students have been asked to respond to some basic questions about their sock-lovingness.
As a bonus, I suppose this means any readers of my blog will now know how big my feet are.
1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
2. Shoe size?
7 1/2-8 Womens.
3. Foot Length?
8 3/4″ long, heel to big toe. My right foot is a little smaller.
4. Foot Circumference?
8 1/2″ around the ball.
5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.
a, b, and c. Takumi/Clover size 1 bamboo, 7″ long (also size 5 and size 0).
I’ve used these in three different sizes. They are the only DPNs I’ve ever used. Frankly, I like them a lot.
6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
Sure. I have tried some inexpensive aluminum circulars, and was not fond of them. Otherwise, I don’t care much about size/length.
7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?
N/A, but I am also not wild about Hufflepuff’s colors (it’s just where the hat sent me, and I decided to be honest). If you come up with a way to use Hufflepuff colors and not make it look like a bumblebee, I’m happy.
8. Allergies? Do you have any? Will your knitting be exposed to smoke or animals?
I am allergic to feathers, cigarette smoke, and exhaust fumes. Of these, the first two are the most important.
My knitting will be exposed to: cat hair (definitely), and minor exposure to diesel fumes (I live in a motorhome).
9. Are you an international participant (outside US)? Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
I am within the US. I am willing to ship internationally.