I post a lot of lace progress and finished object pictures, but I don’t often post about what knitting means to me. Here are a few of the little things I’ve learned about life, as learned through lace knitting:
- Being too tense or too relaxed can make a difference in the moment, but ultimately, all your tension should even out in the end.
- There aren’t many second chances in life, but knitting lets you frog and restart over and over again. Embrace the chance for a re-do; they don’t come around often.
- A squiggly rumpled mess really can transform into an elegant work of art. It’s just a matter of a little soap and water and some hard work.
- It’s always smart to have a safety line.
- The negative space representing what isn’t there is just as important as what is.
- Never underestimate the value of something warm embracing you in a cold moment.