April Showers was the theme for this month’s RPG Blog Carnival, and I was very honored to host it!
Tables and Game Aids
- Doomslakers brings us a d6 random table of weird weather in the woods.
- Tales of a GM explores the role of weather in the elemental Plane of Air in two parts (a part 3 is coming soon, so keep an eye on this one!)
- RPG Alchemy provides a 5 strange weather events that actually happen.
- Moebius Adventures gives us a 30-song playlist that can be used as a random weather table.
Articles and Theorycraft
- The Wandering Alchemist muses about the role of weather in an RPG.
- 6d6 also provides some thoughts about the role of weather, including a linkback to a storm as an NPC.
- Doom Rides to Silverado sets up some cool weather descriptions.
For my part, April ended up getting away from me thanks to a lot of unexpected travel. However, I had a marvelous moment this week running a one-shot for my niece and her friends in Missouri. We were playing my game Threadbare (coming soon on Kickstarter!), and her friends kept throwing around some great ideas for adventures and adversaries and obstacles. At one point, her friend Y suggested that we could have a big scary weather event, “like a toynado.” She might have meant tornado, but with Threadbare being all about toys… well, just look for a storm-chaser adventure starter in the next few months!