So, I haven’t posted much in my blog for the past 2 years, mainly due to “technical difficulties” I didn’t feel like figuring out why my WordPress installation wouldn’t update itself, and I really didn’t like the fact that updating my blog didn’t cross-post to Facebook anymore. And since I’m now Facebook-addicted (thanks, Andy!), I’ve been posting little updates on FB instead.
Anyway, here’s why 2013 will be better than 2012:
- With luck, I won’t have any deaths in the family in 2013. I’m serious. That goes for you, too, Mom. You have to take care of yourself.
- My New Years resolution is to “dance more.” It’s unquantifiable, which means it’s a bad resolution, but I don’t really care. The objective isn’t to achieve a dance competition. It’s to explore an artistic expression media that I don’t usually pursue.
Things I plan to do in 2013 (these aren’t resolutions):
- I’m going to keep reading books in 2013. Again, my goal is 50 books, and I’ll keep track here because it’s helpful.
- More steampunk crafting. I have three costumes I’m working on, plus a soft sculpture. I’m hoping to learn some relevant dances that I could do at a convention like the Steampunk Symposium (even though I can’t afford it this year, I may be able to go next year).
- More anime and manga. I’ve loved exploring these media in the past 2 years, and plan to continue to do so.
- More time with friends and loved ones– that’s a given.
- More non-D&D gaming. I’m burning out on 4th edition, and not really enthused about D&D Next. I’m finally tiring of the “gamification” of my favorite pastime. I ran a Microscope game last weekend and had a blast (see the results here). I’m excited and energized by the Fate Core Kickstarter (especially since I have a full set of dice), and by Savage Worlds.
- Attend Strategicon – fits in with my love of gaming.
- More knitting. Because I miss it.