Some great things have been happening this holiday week:
- I finished reading my 88th book for the year.
- I sent an article about Costa Rica to Matador Travel (online site, in beta right now).
- I finished reading “Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity” (by David Allen) and started implementing it in earnest this time I mean it!
- I established inboxes for John and myself at the breakfast table.
- I got rid of a lot of the paper piles from my office.
- I got some work done for the new project
- I did five pet-sitting jobs
- I wrote my thank you cards from Christmas.
- I ordered my sister and niece’s birthday presents from Amazon.com
- I drank a lot of hot spiced cider
- I wrote my next Toastmasters speech
- I mentally prepared myself for Janowrimo (which starts in 3 1/2 hours!)
- I talked to my father for a good half hour. And scored a pair of home-made wool mittens in the process.
Also: Something that made me smile today: Worst Vlogs of 2006. Why smile? Well, for one thing: I’m not on the list.